SLR Consulting is a leading global provider of environmental consultancy services to the waste management sector providing advice to a range of clients including waste producers, the waste management industry, regulators as well as investors.
We also support government bodies at national, regional and local levels with regard to devising and implementing practicable cost effective strategies to manage waste in a more sustainable fashion.
Our expertise is extensive, ranging from policy and strategic issues, engineering issues regarding the design, construction and operation of waste management facilities, through to their planning, permitting and environmental impact assessment, commissioning, closure and aftercare support. We have also advised on some of the largest waste-related due diligences being able to provide strategic, economic and technical advice.
Unlike many international consultancies, at SLR Consulting, Waste Management is one of our core businesses. Our technical staff and our waste management staff are supported by teams which are aligned with our other core business sectors, including Planning & Development, Mining & Minerals, Infrastructure, Industry and Energy.
SLR Consulting provides a complete package of services to the waste management industry across Australia.
Our full range of services includes:
- Strategy: Review of existing waste practices and the development of waste management strategies;
- Waste Management Solutions: Feasibility appraisals and analysis of waste minimisation, collection, treatment and waste disposal solutions;
- Waste Facility Master Planning: Scheme master planning for waste treatment and waste disposal facilities;
- Architecture: Architectural design and layout;
- Planning & Permitting: Waste facility planning, environmental impact assessment and permitting;
- Procurement: Development of waste services procurement strategy and waste contract tender support;
- Energy: Advice on energy recovery and the link to energy and heat policies;
- Urban Regeneration: Waste strategy for commercial, residential and industrial development from small scale construction projects to major urban regeneration;
- Infrastructure: Waste treatment infrastructure design including
- Inert, non-hazardous and hazardous waste residual landfills;
- Waste transfer stations;
- Materials recycling/recovery facilities;
- Mechanical and biological treatment facilities;
- Anaerobic digestion facilities;
- Composting facilities; and
- Advanced thermal treatment facilities.
- Process Design: Waste facility concept and detailed designs;
- Construction support and quality assurance monitoring and reporting;
- Waste facility audits and operations support;
- Facility environmental management and compliance support;
- Landfill investigations and remediation support; and
- Project Management: Construction project management.
SLR Consulting staff have been employed within the public and private sectors and have had direct responsibility for developing and implementing waste strategies, undertaking planning and design works and acquisition of approvals for waste facilities, procuring construction and engineering services, operating, maintaining and monitoring waste facilities, investigating and rehabilitating former landfill sites, and providing peer review and expert witness testimony and advice for various waste facility development projects.
At SLR Consulting, we are focused on providing superior technical services in order to add value, reduce environmental, financial and social uncertainties and optimise the effectiveness of environmental related expenditures on these projects.