Waste Strategy And Procurement
SLR Consulting is a leading global provider of environmental consultancy services to the waste management sector providing advice to a range of clients including waste producers, the waste management industry, regulators as well as investors.
We also support government bodies at national, regional and local levels with regard to devising and implementing practicable cost effective strategies to manage waste in a more sustainable fashion.
Our expertise is extensive, ranging from policy and strategic issues, engineering issues regarding the design, construction and operation of waste management facilities, through to their planning, permitting and environmental impact assessment, commissioning, closure and aftercare support. We have also advised on some of the largest waste-related due diligences being able to provide strategic, economic and technical advice.
SLR Consulting’s strategy and procurement team has extensive experience in commercial dialogue for the procurement of waste management solutions. Our team has undertaken waste management and asset assessments and has provided strategic advice to local councils and large developers. The team has provided senior project management support to a number of waste management entities including provision of services for EPCM, D&C, BOO, BOOT, alliance and joint venture arrangements.
Unlike many international consultancies, at SLR Consulting, Waste Management is one of our core businesses. Our waste management staff are supported by teams which are aligned with our other core business sectors, including Planning & Development, Mining & Minerals, Infrastructure, Industry and Energy.
RANGE OF SERVICES
SLR Consulting offers a full range of environmental services to the waste management industry including:
- Waste Planning - strategic and enterprise level;
- Waste Feasibility Studies;
- Life cycle analysis;
- Carbon & greenhouse gas assessments;
- Advanced collection and treatment;
- Organic waste collection and treatment;
- Transfer stations and resource recovery centres;
- AWT Technology reviews (organic and thermal) and due diligence;
- Thermal conversion technologies;
- Refuse derived and process engineered fuels;
- Landfill design and post-closure management;
- Facility master planning;
- Environmental assessment;
- Architectural and engineering design;
- Procurement and tender support;
- Facility valuations;
- Mine waste management;
- Landfill gas and leachate management; and
- Waste facility audits and operations support.