PV Solar Analysis, Design, Installation, Glare Assessment
Cogen/Trigen Feasibility, Design, Specification, Compliance
Climate Analysis, Wind Turbine Selection, Specification, Energy Assessment
Microscale Wind Resource, Turbine Siting and Layout Optimisation
Geothermal Systems – Feasibility, Design, Specification
Cogen/Trigen/Solar/Geothermal Studies for Aquatic Centre
SLR Renewable Energy Services
The need to develop sustainable approaches to business and governmental activity has crystallized with the growing realisation that climate change is already affecting patterns of human activity and the global ecosystem. Organisations are therefore being encouraged to understand the carbon footprint of their activities and to implement energy efficiency initiatives to save energy and minimise costs and reduce carbon pollution. The adoption of renewable energy sources is a practical and attractive approach to achieve these goals.
SLR has been providing cutting edge and creative renewable energy solutions for major building and infrastructure projects throughout Australia under development by both public and private building managers and owners. SLR has a long history of involvement in ESD/energy studies and has earned a respected and highly credible reputation with regulatory authorities, industry and with the community in general. Most importantly, we have developed a practical understanding of the constraints applying to the energy efficiency of residential, commercial and industrial buildings and have extensive experience with high profile, environmentally sensitive projects.
Our integrated team of building technology and renewable energy consultants applies advanced technologies and innovation to manage risks, optimise opportunities and enhance the cost effectiveness of project solutions. Guidance is provided across planning, project management, concept and detailed design through to compliance assessment and ongoing operational stages. Our services embrace both the engineering and financial aspects of implementing a renewable energy solution. We have proven experience in:
- Selecting renewable energy options (eg PV Solar versus Wind versus Cogen/Trigen versus Geothermal) or other energy saving options for a specific site or for the entire property portfolio of a corporation
- Energy-related meteorological data analysis and climate modelling to determine solar access potential, daylight access, wind energy potential, etc
- Energy assessments (Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 Audits) using accredited assessors
- Developing and implementing Energy Management Plans and Energy Action Plans
- Selection of cost-effective renewable energy options suited to specific site conditions; direct energy usage or selling spare energy capacity back to the grid
- Engineering concept and detailed design, plant sizing, system specification, mechanical-electrical drawings
- Financial assessment of renewable energy options including the quantification of energy savings, payback analysis, etc
- Identification of sources of energy grants to support the project and managing successful applications (including liaison with government bodies) for such grants
- Project scheduling and tender assistance – obtaining quotes, negotiating and engaging successful Contractors
- Project management during installation stage, site inspections, quality control, OHS management.
- Compliance checking, mechanical system tuning and sign-off at practical completion.
Over the past year, SLR has worked on renewable energy projects for the following organisations: